Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Erratic Results from MS Access Query

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 17, 2002
US
Our company runs a Foxpro database to track laboratory testing samples. I have developed an Access application which allows us to retrieve infromation from the Foxpro tables. It was pointed out to me today that if the same report is run multiple times, even just seconds apart, some of the data is different each time. These are queries on old data and none of the data should be constantly changing. One of the pieces of information is a total of sales for a given time period. I found that in three consecutive queries, the value changed by exactly $10. Another employee also notices the $10 difference in a similar query. I know I haven't given a lot of information but could someone point me in the direction of something to look for?

Thanks!

Apschminkey

I think we'll need to see a sample of the data and the SQL of the query.

Ken S.

I actually found the answer to this one on the Microsoft site. Turns out that my ODBC links were set to "fetch data in background".....that was Baaaaad.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back