Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ERR183 51904 29 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigUK

Technical User
Jun 2, 2004
AU
We have just recently bought over some new DID numbers over onto our existing ones. The problem is that although we have calls to vacant number getting busy tone I am still seeing these messages appear all day as callers are dialling these numbers. If the number is in use by an agent then the call is connected with no problems or err messages. But if the number is not used then I get this, ERR183 51904 29 11.
How do I stop these?

Many thanks

Craig

You're using an IDC Table for that route. The IDC translation looks to be false for DN 51904. Have a look in
LD 49
PRT
IDC
DCNO xx

and correct it.
If you don't know how, give a print of IDC table

another possible cause.. check your vnr, vacant number treatment may be sending these to something that you removed. in the states you have to give answer supervision to non used did's.. not that the did cops are going to break down the door, it something you usually sign when you buy a block.. we run our's into a ran, you have reached a non working number at bla bla.. the original purpose was to rls common equiptment along the call path. instead of a number ringing until the calling party hangs up, pbx users agreed to provide answer supervision for vacant did's..

in the cdb, look at your vnr prompt..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thank you both for looking at this one.
Firstly the IDC tables that are being used are 3 and 4 and I have placed 51 to 51 in both of these. The VNR prompt is set at default NO. In my CDB CTVN is set to BUSY. When I call a vacant number I am getting ringing with the ERR183 51200 29 24.

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks

Craig

Are you sure you receive 5 digits from the PSTN?

I can also say that i had the same problem with a upgraded opt61C from 25.15 to rls 4.0
The CTVN prompt is also set to BUSY but call terminated to ATT anyway and no way to solve it.

Maybe a patch is avaliable. To be checked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back