Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Err008, CS1000E 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chintoo69

MIS
Mar 1, 2009
PK
Hi all it is CS1000E, SA release 5 with 03 MGC (4-0/4-1/8-0). With all patches/loadware update. I randomly get ERR008 on any MGC and that MGC gets fast busy when it dial other MGC`s extension and i have to reset complete PBX. All DSP shows register when problem appears. It happens after every month or two and ERR008 appears in any of MGC. Is it known issue???
Thanks

Hi CS1Kfan, actually these are 11c cabinets not chassis and i didn't mention complete cards located in MGC 4-0. There are 03 PRI card, 01 MGate card,One 32 port MICB, one DLC card and one analog card. System slots were assigned as per Nortel bayface layout.
Any more advice?
Thanks

Well ... the last piece of advice I really have is to check your board vintages. There could be an issue with your MGCs versus your daughterboards. Too bad we just now found out that you have a converted 11c.
I can't help ya cuz we have a new CS1000e 5.0.

When exactly did you get your new patches/loadware and did this start to happen after that?

MGC= NTDW60BA E5
DSP 32= NTDW62AA E5
DSP 96= NTDW64AA E5

This problem is occurring continuously after installation. We replace LAN switches, updated patches 02 times (last patches/loadware update was a month ago), replaced MGC with daughter board but still gets Err008 randomly.
Anymore advice?

Wellll ... just for troubleshooting purposes can you run your site without impact if you deactivate the MC32S in 4-0-7?? Just curious if it is really your MC32S giving you grief or something with your MGCs/daughterboards. That would be sweet if the Err008s cleared. You could also have a card vintage issue between your MGCs and MC32s.

"MGC= 4-0 (With both DSP D/bard,96 on Pos-1 and 32 on Pos-2) in this shelve i have a MC32s also in slot 7, This cabinet also have 03 PRI`s and a DLC card also.

Hi Tman45, so do you advised to disable MC32s? I am hesitating to do that coz this problem was not appearing continuously but after one or 02 month. However let me talk with other tech on site if we could disable MC32s for a month or two.
Thanks

More I was thinking that when the message starts coming up again try to disable it then to see if it clears. Or, if it is coming up consistently in x # of weeks you can disable it the day before or so to see if it prevents the error. Just something to try. Could be a bad MC32S as we have had a lot of trouble with ours as well.

I suppose you could also try to hook up a sniffer capture (such as Wireshark) and see if there are any strange communications going on every month or two. Perhaps a scanning suite?

Perhaps try to ping your ELAN from your PC (you should not be able to do so). Ours is segragated via VLAN, but we can ping it so our NetEng team is working to get ACLs to restrict 'extra' traffic.

Any other ideas guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back