Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Err008, CS1000E 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chintoo69

MIS
Mar 1, 2009
PK
Hi all it is CS1000E, SA release 5 with 03 MGC (4-0/4-1/8-0). With all patches/loadware update. I randomly get ERR008 on any MGC and that MGC gets fast busy when it dial other MGC`s extension and i have to reset complete PBX. All DSP shows register when problem appears. It happens after every month or two and ERR008 appears in any of MGC. Is it known issue???
Thanks

Hmmmm ...
ERR0008 tn1 tn2 Call drop due to IPTN failure.
TN1 - PTN
TN2 - VTN
Action:
Severity: Major. Critical to Monitor: No. SNMP trap: Yes

From my knowledge I didn't think you were supposed to have a Media Gateway of 4-1 ... we have 4-0 and 8-0 as you state. I thought there are resources that the system uses that would conflict with your 4-1 MGC. Do you happen to have a PBX history to post?
We had some Err008's a while ago and we found a MC32S that was in the wrong card slot (vendors had moved and didn't change in Elephant Manager :) So, maybe double-check card slots versus what you have configured unless you have done that lately and know 100% it is correct. I believe our DSPs on our wrong slot card were showing Idle and registered as well. Appears that the CS1000E doesn't know any better :D (because logically you would think the resources would be disabled if it were in a wrong card slot).

Check and make sure your MGC's and DSP daughterboards are configured in EM.

I think he is saying 4 0 0 4 1 0 and 8 0 0 for the VGW build.

Mato' Was'aka

Hmmm ... I am still confused by your 4-1-0 comment bigindian. Do you mean 4-0-1-0? That could house a MC32S VGW card. Such as we have 12-0-8-0 as a MC32S with VGW channels. I am guessing you just left off the preceding 0 between the 4 and 1. Which most Nortel peeps will go by L S C U or simply Loop Shelf Card hence 4-0-1. Just helps to clarify in this case. I don't think the system would let you configure something as 4-1-0-0 anyway.

The VGWs for MG 4-0 should be 4-0-0-0 thru 4-0-7-31 and then 4-0-11-0 thru 4-0-13-31. So perhaps he was saying 4-0-11? Seems we can only guess based on OP.

CS1000E does not slot VGW cards, they are daughter boards on the Media Gateway Controller of each MGC cabinet, they are built on 0,9,10,11,12,13 pending on the number of channels you wish to have - 32,64,96, etc, up to 2x96 - 192 channels. I see what you're saying, yes, if I have and MGC with 64 VGWs on MGC 4, then 4-0-0-0 4-0-9-0 each thru 31 for 32 chnls each

Mato' Was'aka

actually, I have a 4 0 and 4 1 shelf, so I have 64 on there (4 1)

4 1 0 0 thru 4 1 0 31 for VGW channels
4 1 11 0 thru 4 1 11 31 for VGW channels

Mato' Was'aka

I'm aware of a 64 port DSP DB only 32 or 96...

The MGC card supports a total of 2 DB's

A 32 port DB can be installed on Slot 1 or 2 of the MGC card. A 96 port DB can only be installed on Slot 1 of the MGC. Slot 1 programs on tn's X.X.11.0 thru X.X.11.31 for the 32 and X.X.11.0 thru X.X.13.31 for the 96. Slot 2 programs on card 0 of the shelf. X.X.0.0 thru X.X.0.31.

Chintoo69, be sure they are in the correct locations and are configured in Element Mgr correctly.

Jeff

right, right, I didn't mean 64 port card, two 32's is what I was saying.

Mato' Was'aka

I have a mix (on two different 1000E's) of both MC32S cards and DSP daughter boards. We have had problems with the MC32S cards where they stat good but they aren't working. Disabling/re-enabling resolves the issue (more of a quick fix than a resolution). I have had the exact same problem in column switches with the VGMC's - look happy but aren't.

if feasable, i would run daughter boards and kick out those cards on an E system.

Mato' Was'aka

Yea we have had nothing but trouble with our MC32S cards as well. I like bigindian's suggestion to give them the BOOT!

Although ... what do you do when you need more resources per MG ... we are maxed out on our MGCs.

This is the part below that could be giving you trouble (at least I question it based on what I have read on Nortel docs). Maybe I am completely off base, but I believe you are not supposed to have a 4-1 shelf. I swear there is something about NOT using odd numbers for shelfs due to the way Nortel resources are configured. If I have time to go back thru my Nortel docs I will attempt to locate this piece and post.

"actually, I have a 4 0 and 4 1 shelf, so I have 64 on there (4 1)"

"4 1 0 0 thru 4 1 0 31 for VGW channels
4 1 11 0 thru 4 1 11 31 for VGW channels"

This is what could be giving you the ERR008 because one MG could be interfacing with another MG (depending on your resources) and this is why it looks like the error is generated by ANY MG. I really think when we found our MC32 wrong card slot issue that our ERR008's cleared. So, lesson learned, be careful with your DSPs and really verify where they are and if they conflict with Nortel resources.

Also this post from bigindian below is interesting:

"CS1000E does not slot VGW cards, they are daughter boards on the Media Gateway Controller of each MGC cabinet, they are built on 0,9,10,11,12,13 pending on the number of channels you wish to have - 32,64,96, etc, up to 2x96 - 192 channels. I see what you're saying, yes, if I have and MGC with 64 VGWs on MGC 4, then 4-0-0-0 4-0-9-0 each thru 31 for 32 chnls each"

I am only aware of 128 max VGWs per MGC and any expansion daughterboard has to start at 11. I don't believe that 9 and 10 are available. I suppose if you didn't put cards in slots 9 or 10 on the MG expansion chassis maybe it allows for such. I also didn't think slot 2 could handle a 96 high density daughterboard (which is why you can only put a 96 in slot 1). So, how can you do a 96 and 96 for 192 total?
That is really cool if you can have 192 channels - can you go into a little more detail about this so I can kick the crap out of our vendor?

you know what, I'm was mixing in PRI Gateways with that, sorry about that, which can have 2 x 96 on them, I should have stayed on MGC lingo only..

Mato' Was'aka

the shelf problem though, where you getting that? You can have shelf 0 1 2 & 3 and they all have to have VGWs as you know, that's a legitimate config, someone tell you you can't?? (Tman45 I'm asking)

Mato' Was'aka

I work with Tman and wanted to clear up something about our ERR0008 messages on the MC32S card that was in the wrong cardslot... in Element Manager, the card was built in 40 0 7, with the card (and cable) physically located in 40 0 10. When we tried to enable the MC32S that was correctly programmed in MG 4 0 7, the PBX tried to enable the card in 40 0 7, which caused us some major grief. After correcting the programming in Element Manager and sysloading the system, they all came back up normal.

The one factor we have is the same as what CS1Kfan has... the MG32S cards and the MGC daughterboards do NOT play well. I also do not understand why Nortel Engineers didn't allow two 96-port DSP daughterboards on the MGC...

Yea I understand your direction now bigindian. I asked my Engineer as well and he said you were probably talking about PRI Gateways. Yea I thought I saw somewhere not to use odd numbered Superloops, but I suppose that would not apply to 4-1-0 as it would mean 5-0-0, 7-0-0, 9-0-0 etc. Sorry to get that mixed up with using 4-1-0 as that does look okay (we just don't have that here locally so I questioned it). * for you too BI.

Back to the OP (chintoo69) how are we going to fix his issue? LOL!

Chintoo69, have you been able to verify all your DSPs are in proper card slots? Write them all down in Element Manager and then go to your PBX and physically verify. That is how we caught our MC32S issue. Other than that, maybe this is patch related? I know you said patches are updated, but what if a new patch is messing with an old patch or are you sure you are on latest and greatest? I believe CAM06 loadware is out and a newer DepList. Please post Chintoo so we can try to help!

Sorry guys for delay reply due to Sat/Sun off. Yes i double checked DSP D/Brd config and MC32s Slot/Config and these seems to be OK. Actually this problem is random i mean appears after every month or two. To clear thing i have 04 Shelves
MGC= 4-0 (With both DSP D/bard,96 on Pos-1 and 32 on Pos-2)
in this shelve i have a MC32s also in slot 7, This
cabinet also have 03 PRI`s and a DLC card also.

MGC= 4-1 (With 32 port DSP only on POS-2 and this shlev
have mix analog and digital ext,this cabinet also
have not much calls traffic also)

MGC= 8-0 (With 32 port DSP only on POS-2 and this shlev
have mix analog and digital ext,this cabinet also
have not much calls traffic also)

MGC= 8-1 (With 32 port DSP only on POS-2 and this shleve
have only 04 XUT cards for privates lines of
bosses)

The patches(loadware/CPM/SS) was updated 40 days ago. I am not getting Err008 now as i already sysloaded complete system due to err008 and it will stay OK for a month or two. I am facing this proble from a year.
Any more advice or tips will be greatly helpful.
Thanks

What's the point of having more DSP resources in 4-0 than you have talk slots? In other words, why do you have the MC32S card in 4-0? Your 96-port and 32-port daughter boards cover your 128 talk slots for that media gateway. I would disable the MC32S card and back it out of the system - see if your problem goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back