Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Err: "Operation Failes: Could not insert the script variable" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

81Cadmin

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2007
CA
I am adding new Applications in Symposium (5.0) and am receiving the following error when trying to add a Wildcard Call Variable. I've checked the Historical Stats as described in the error but am unable to locate any configuration that would limit script variables.

----------------

Operation failed: Could not insert the script variable.

Error: -2147220475 The number of items being added exceeds the currently configured value. Increase the configured value on the Parameters page of the Historical Statistics Configuration window and then try again. [1029]

Source: IceScriptVar.ScriptVar.1

----------------

Has anyone encountered this before?

Thanks in advance to all.

- 81CAdmin

I guess no-one so far in this forum has encountered this. I'm going to perform a reboot of Symposium Web Server, then test. Then if all else fails a reboot of Symposium.

Will let you all know the outcome...

You just need to go to the Configuration tab, to Historical Statistics, and increase the number of Applications allowed. Be sure to do a "Calculate" first and make it any adjustments needed to keep the Required size below the Actual size.

I did try that (doubled the applications allowed), unfortunately it did not fix the issue. It's odd because I deleted a dormant call variable and tried to re-add it and again received the error. This is what prompted me to consider the reboot options.

I am able to duplicate two different results. If I delete an existing call variable it will let me add it back in. However once I've re-added '1' variable, it won't let me add any additional.

I have also again increased 'applications' within Historical Statistics (calculation results below).

----------------
Call-by-Call
Actual: 30949 MB
Required: 7125 MB

System Database
Actual: 31084 MB
Required: 10480 MB
----------------

Q - Is there a physical limitation to Call Variables in Symposium 5.0?

I will be attempting a reboot in hopes to resolve the issue. Hopefully all goes well and the servers choose to come up :)

I completed the reboots of both web and application server and it did not resolve my problem. I know there are alot of experienced Symposium vets in this forum and hopefully you might be able to assist.

Again I've already tried increasing the historical stats (applications and others) with no success.

81Cadmin

I've attached a copy of the error. It appears after trying to add a call variable within SWC. In the pic i've ommitted the server name.

hmm file upload didn't work... sorry.

How many "Wildcard Call Variables" are in your system?
If the answer = 20 see below;

From the CC6 SU06 'Help', section 'Script Variables window';

Call variables
Call variables are script variables that apply only to a specific call. These variables follow the call through the system, and are passed from one script to another with the call. The initial value of a call variable can be changed in the Script Variables window. Each incoming call uses this value unless it is changed in the script using the Assigned, Collect Digits, or Get Response commands.

If you are connecting to an Symposium Call Center Server 5.0 server then the limit on the number of call variables you can create is 20. When connecting to a Contact Center Manager Server 6.0 server, the limit is 50.

I had 1 wildcard variable previously, but will take a look to see if call variable's have been added elsewhere. Thanks for the response and info.

After reviewing ALL variable types (not just wildcards) I've confirmed we are indeed at the 20 cap for 'call variables'. So that's my issues. Thanks so much for your help, looks as though I will need to perform some cleanup in order to free these resources.

Cheers, and enjoy the star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back