Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Err Msg: "Explorer caused an exception 6d007fh in module Webcheck.dll"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooner8

Technical User
Oct 2, 2002
US
I just re-installed Win 98 from my original CD. Since then, and after upgrading my IE to V 6.0, I keep getting the above error message and the program has to be "shut down", wherein typically IE stops. Is this an IE problem or my Windows Explorer problem, and what do I do to fix it?

Thanks a lot for your help. But, I have another question for you. How do I uninstall IE 6? I want to take it off then re-install it.

Do you think this will take care of my problem? I keep getting that error message, no matter what I'm doing (whether I'm on the internet or not).

Go to your Control Panel and select Add/Remove Programs.

Select Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.

Click on Add/Remove.

Click Restore previous Windows configuration.

You will now see another Setup Dialog Box.

Click OK and OK again.

At the verify prompt click on Yes.

You will be prompted to Restart the computer.

The previous version of Internet Explorer will now be installed and you can take it from there. If you want to reinstall Internet Explorer 6 you can now do so.

Good Day!
Mesich

Just a quick thought..................

Hopefully you haven't gone through the trouble of uninstalling IE6 yet. Try the 2 suggestions below first:

In your internet settings advanced tab under browsing section, untick Automatically Check for Internet Explorer Updates. (Let me know on this one)

Otherwise, make sure that webcheck.dll is more recent than 4.72.3110.1 - If not then download a copy later than this version and save over the old one.

Let me know if this makes a difference.

Regards

Thanks for the help. I reloaded the patch and the error message is gone. But, I'm now having a new problem (see Thread 615-423010). While viewing internet sites with what I call "moving graphics" (I'm sure this isn't the correct term), those same graphics sections of the sites flicker while the action in them is happening.

Also, my mouse's cursor seems jerky and delayed. I've tried downloading (again) the newest copies of Flash and Shockwave, but they didn't help.

Is this a video card driver problem (which I've reloaded) or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back