Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ERR: Invalid chip id 0x80B5 (reversed = 0x1AD ) detected in System fla

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyEyesAreBurning

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2006
US
Problem...

Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software
IOS (tm) 3000 Bootstrap Software (IGS-RXBOOT), Version 10.2(5), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Copyright (c) 1986-1995 by cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Thu 23-Mar-95 02:08 by kmac
Image text-base: 0x01020000, data-base: 0x00001000

ERR: Invalid chip id 0x80B5 (reversed = 0x1AD ) detected in System flashcisco 2500 (68030) processor (revision D) with 16380K/2048K bytes of memory.
Processor board serial number 01894437
X.25 software, Version 2.0, NET2, BFE and GOSIP compliant.
Authorized for Enterprise software set. (0x0)
1 Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface.
2 Serial network interfaces.
32K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.
16384K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

some asshole sold me a router without flash memory, so I bought some and installed it. im new to the cisco game and this is just adding to my fresturation.
also I cant load a IOS on the the router either hence the error.

anyone wany to take a stab at it.
thanks in advance,
MEAB

I would say its the wrong flash for your router model. What model router is it?

Actually thats a pretty good guess, I was doing some reading on some forums and found that the flash memory with some older routers was a little querky, anyway I have two routers that are the same so I swapped out the RAM and flash memory and it worked and I was able to load the IOS on the router.

Thanks,
MEAB

ya... was deff a good response.
It seems that Im still having the problem though.
I was able to loaded the IOS and the error doesnt seem to affect the opperation of the router.
Im still able to assign ip addresses to the interfaces and ping back and forth between two objects. But thats about the extent of my configuration knowledge.

Hoping for some insight.
Thanks,
MEAB

I should have read this more carefully---what kind of flash did you buy? Genuine Cisco?

Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back