Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ERR: crystal active X viewer is unable to create its resource object

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeeQuL

Programmer
Nov 10, 2006
US
I am receiving the error "crystal active X viewer is unable to create its resource object" in CE 8.5 when I try to execute a report from our web server. We are using a report server to run our reports. The report did work in the past but now this error occurs for all reports.

Does anyone know what could be causing this error and how to correct!

1) The Active-X plugin must be installed by a user that is part of the local Power Users or Administrators group.

2) Windows SP2 and other pop-up blockers can prevent you from being notified to install the Active-X viewer

3) Spyware/Adware/AV/Firewall software may have rules preventing you from successfully installing the Active-X viewer.

4) Although this sounds silly, you should be using Internet Explorer - other browsers (Firefox, for example) won't allow Active-X plugins. I had a customer with a large number of users that couldn't figure out why they couldn't access their reports - all of the users with problems were using Netscape!

~Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back