Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Err Code 4B2711C6 in 7044-170 -44P ..sys does not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrs560

Technical User
Aug 18, 2005
US
Hi

I am new to the group. Recently came across very funny problem wtih my Work Station. Thanks in advance for any help.

System : 7044-170 - 44P with
512 MB ( 2 DIMMs )
2 x 8G HDD
1 x CDROM
1 x FDD
1 x SVGA card ( PCMCI )

Problem : I have 7044-170 - 44P : system at home for my AIX testing ...it does not boot. Infect after partly POST. codes were toggle e050 to e0d0 & last It display this 4B2711C6

In one of the log ...at console/PROMs i see following in mutliple logs.

4B2711C6 System bus parity error
FRUs To Replace: P1
P1-C1

Background :
1) system was working fine with aix 5.3 , but some time back I was looking for various SMS settings & I landed in the problem, this may be co-incident because I do not see any relation.
2) also when sys was working I open enclosure & wanted to install Fiber HBA . But did NOT install, later on system was working even.

3) Last I tried to put Diag CD in cdrom & power on system but did not help.

Action :

1) Being technical & i though may be some contact ..probl. so safely remove CPU & mem & put it back .. same problem.

Qtn :
1, What is this P1-C1 board .. refer to.
2. How to solve the problem.

Hi!

Don't known if y've solved your problem, so here is my advice.
The error code you've got "4B2711C6" means that your FRU "P1-C1" had to be replaced; just look at service guide page 131 chap 5.
P1-C1 is for CPU board, at the right most of the system board which is P1.

Hope i've helped, regards.

DJG.

DJG,

Thank You!, Now I see. Unfortunately neither I had service guide nor could find on net( with limited efforts)
But this is good suggestion. I will try once to remove contact problem with cpu bd, else I will have to replace it. I will try to find cpu bd on eBay .. is there any other site for this? if any suggestions.

I will keep forum updated.
Thanks

-- Rajesh

DJG,

Wow!, your clue helped! I removed CPU board, cleaned properly & resitted, and it worked.
Thanks a lot. Also found doc from the link you provided, looks forum have great team.

RS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back