Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Err 2114 Loading Images?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bchemist

Programmer
Apr 3, 2002
US
I have a multi user database setup. The main report we generate dynamically (based upon job number and other information) loads a .png scanned image file and inserts it at the end of the report. In the past week or so one user (out of ~20) started getting an error messages when she went to print reports. the Error message read:

[tt]
2114: MS Access doesn't suppport the format of the file "\\xxx\xxx\xxx\xxx.png", so it can't load the picture.
[/tt]

the strange thing is that all the other users have had no issues with the code. And this user had previously had no issues. Also from this users machine, I can load the image outside of Accesss, but not from within Access. I have uninstalled and re-installed office to make sure that it was not a file corruption from that end.

Specifics:
MS Access 97
P4 1.8, 512 Ram
Win 98 Se

The user claims she has not changed or loaded anything prior to this happening. I can find no evidence that she had either.

Any ideas would be helpful (MS Support page Microsoft , Says to use a different computer and convert the format, obviously this won't work)

Did you find a solution to the issue listed above? If so how did you correct? I am running into the same issue.

Thanks,

DH

Kind of, I upgraded the users operating system from Win98 to WinXP. For some reason the problem went away after that. [ponder]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back