Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Erlang Calculator to Determine Number of Trunks Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsTech

Programmer
May 25, 2010
I've read many threads on determining how many trunks are required but want to make sure that I'm interpreting this correcly.

I have a location with 100 agents, receiving approximately 1600 calls per day(average 4 minutes 44 seconds) and placing approximately 800 calls per day (average 2 minutes 27 seconds).

I figured the minutes per day by adding the inbound minutes (1600 x 4.73 = 7568 minutes) and the outbound minutes (800 x 2.45 = 1960 minutes), totaling 9528 Minutes per Day.

Using this website ( to calculate, I entered 9528 Minutes, leaving the BHF at 17%, and was given 38 trunks required.

Please let me know if this is an accurate evaluation. Thank you.

ASA will do this for you. Fault & Performance, Trunk Analyzer.

Unfortunately, this location is not a Definity. We are looking to have their phones roll to us, in the event of an emergency. So I need to rely on the Erlang Calculator.

For our Definity, I pulled the trunk analyzer inforamtion, which stated how many trunks we need, based on information over the last 6 days. However, I am not sure if we have this set up correctly.

With this other location, I need to manually figure their traffic to determine if we can handle their calls, in the event of a disaster.

Based on my previously mentioned numbers, am I figuring the required trunks correctly?

I still need some assitance, in that I have to manually figure trunk usage. If anyone can help me with my question below, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

I've read many threads on determining how many trunks are required but want to make sure that I'm interpreting this correcly.

I have a location with 100 agents, receiving approximately 1600 calls per day(average 4 minutes 44 seconds) and placing approximately 800 calls per day (average 2 minutes 27 seconds).I figured the minutes per day by adding the inbound minutes (1600 x 4.73 = 7568 minutes) and the outbound minutes (800 x 2.45 = 1960 minutes), totaling 9528 Minutes per Day.

Using this website ( to calculate, I entered 9528 Minutes, leaving the BHF at 17%, and was given 38 trunks required.Please let me know if this is an accurate evaluation. Thank you.

You are on the right track.
As long as you took the q time in too account in the 4 min 44 sec

Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back