Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ericsson MD110 BC12 removal of LPU5 duplication

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlevel

Technical User
Apr 4, 2012
GB
I have a 3 mag Md110 BC12, it has 2 x LPU5's, one in mag 0 one in mag1. i am trying to reduce the system down to a single mag. I have emded all of the boards in mag 2 and mag 1 apart from the LPU5. Does anyone know how to removed the dupilcation (the 2nd LPU5) so i can remove mags 1&2.

Hi,
i think you can do it in this way.

1. Block Standby side
dcbli:lim=X,CSSIde=A or B; (A=MAG0, B=MAG1)
2. End duplicated control system
dcsye:lim=X,csside=A or B;

Then remove Unit DCSH and DCSP.

Good luck
LS

Why remove the program units? They will not cause any issue

Why not, does it cause anything?
They are not needed anymore...

What happens when you dump the system?
Does the system try to dump the system standby-side?

I'm not really sure.
This is the way i did it in the past, if you know a better way. Do it.

there is no reason to remove or leave the units, they are not used and they cause no problem in the system if no duplication.

you dump the live LPU info always, a standby LPU loads from a live LPU which has loaded from the backup. If there is no standby anymore, nothing happens after the LPU is loaded and system is live.

you are removing the lims, but in lim 1 you still have duplicated LPU? then you need the units in Lim 1. You will remove the units in the lims you end, as they do not exist anymore.

best parnum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back