Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ericsson BP250 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnoldnt

Technical User
Oct 2, 2002
US
Hello people,

Yes I know this is the MD110 page - but there's not one for the BP250 !

Does anybody now anything about the Bp250....?

- whats the main difference between the BP250 and the MD110

- Whats the alarm outputs like - are they the same as the MD110 are they stored anywhere?

- Any ideas on how much they sell for? used or New..

Thanks for any information in advance.
ArnoldNT

Hi,(I do not write very well english)

The principal difference betwen MD110 and BP250 is the capacity (extension and lines),the reliability, and the programming software.

MD110:
Program and data stored in a HDU
it use winfiol to program.

BP250:(capacity: 3 magazines, 2 Primary Rate Acces, 288 ext.)
it use a battery RAM
it need a software named "RASC" or "BMS" for programming

The alarms outputs can be shows in menu "application/maintenance/loggins/warnings", and can be physicaly showed into a telephone aditional unit

Hi Arnoldnt,

Main difference between MD and BP is capacity. BP can have maximum 200 extensions, in a hotel version you can put 288 extensions, because room-to-room traffic is very low.
Trunks: officially 60 trunks are maximum, but I have a 90+ trunk system working OK, the only limitation is max 60 trunk calls that are possible in the same time.
Generally, BP is a feature rich system. A lot of very good features are implemented, for example voice announcements and messages, voice mail, are really good. IP trunking is allready implemented (I do maintenance of 6 networked BP250 exchanges, networking is done using IP trunking.
Digital telephones for BP250 are the same as MD110. BP250 has nice feature that one key can have two functions (like "shift" on a computer keyboard).
Speaking about hardware, BP250 has only one system board (CPU-D4) which covers the tasks of LPU/LSU/DSU/TMU/NIU/HDU.
DC/DC converters are integrated into backplane. There are two types of analog boards (8 and 16 extensions) and 3 types of digital (8,16,and 32 extensions). Furthermore, there is multi-functional board MFU which has 8 digital extensions, 4 analog extensions, 4 Basic ISDN (T or S -you choose by strapping )and some small voice mail. Also there are boards for analog trunks, Basic ISDN, Primary ISDN, 2Mb/s CAS MFC, 4W E&M, DECT, IP trunking & IP extensions, voice mail, etc..
Friend of mine says that difference between BP and MD is like this: BP250 is a small sport car, which has a lot of features, built-in stereo,air conditioner, etc..but you cannot put a lot of passengers into it. On the other side MD is a like a bus where you can put a lot of passengers, but you do not have so good comfort....

Best regards
Radoje

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back