Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Eratic Error in Crystal Report 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

KishSays

Programmer
May 8, 2002
IN
I am using Crystal report 7.0 .I have developed a report which works for all the selection formula I am writing .
But in some Selection Formula ,Crystal Report pops up an Error Message as Below

The instruction at "0x0061d821" refernced memory at "0x000000000'. The memeory not be "read" .

After this the entire Designer Enviroment gets Shuts Down.

The above error is an eratic behaviour , which I am not able to figure Out.
i..e, this error pops up when i am firing it for date field present on Report eg.
ado.invdate >= Date(2002,05,08) and ado.invdate <= Date(2002,05,08)

But in case i change one of the dates ,It works Fine ..

Please Help me If u Can figure out this Error

not that this is the answer to your problem but this

ado.invdate >= Date(2002,05,08) and ado.invdate <= Date(2002,05,08)

is the same as this

ado.invdate = Date(2002,05,08)

JimBroadbent@Hotmail.com

Thanks for the reply.

But my problem is different . For any date criteria it giving the same error.

Please Reply

No Sorry it is happing in all Machines. This Error is occuring only in some Selection Formulas

try this ...

look into all formulars created and check that the tables selected are available in the database -- else u will continue receiving this error.

If you have too many formula then try this.
1) save another copy of this report -- u have 2 similar reports now in different name
2) delete all formulas you have in the report leaving the links intact. Remember to remove all formulas in the &quot;Insert Formula Field&quot;.
3) Save it.
4) You then copy a formula at a time from the original report into the new report and SAVE it.
5) The last formula you paste that produce the error is the culprit.

You don't mention which database or database type connection you are using. I had very similar problems related to the sybase native driver. It was specifically related to datetime parameters and stored procedures. It was sometimes intermittant and would produce random results:

1. show no data
2. &quot;dr watson error&quot; and close
3. close with no error message.

I solved it by going back several versions of the dll until I found one that was stable.

Try creating another report with very simple SQL and a date parameter. If you can isolate this problem it helps get a little better support from Crystal as far as getting different versions of dll;s.

Lisa

Thank You For UR Reply

But I am not able to solve the Problem.
My Database is Sql Server and i have created Reports based on View.

Is this problem because I have modified the existing Report, which was earlier based on the SQL Query to Views.

All the Field required are Present in the View.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back