Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Erase messages in a "Listen-only" mailbox except the first one 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

just4free

Technical User
Jan 12, 2001
CA
In a Octel 250, one listen-only mailbox is improperly set to the wrong COS so someone left 2 other messages in that mailbox right after the office announcement message. I checked the contributer list, there is none. I wonder if there is anyway to erase those two messages while keep the first one.

Thanks a lot,
Mark

Yes just log into the type 1 mailbox itself and you can erase the message you do not want and keep the one you do just like a type 0 mailbox.

Ken Means

Hi Ken Means,

Thank you for the reply. I tried to login to the type 1 mailbox. The option I have is Review the messages by entering '1'. There are 3 messages in it and what I want to delete is the last two. But I was stopped at the first one as the only option there is "Delete the message by press 7". I need to keep the first one and skip to the following 2 message and erase them.

Any info would be appreciated.

you should be able to press # to skip the first message. Or press 0 at the end of the first mesage and see if the help prompts tell you anything.

Also do you know what mailbox sent the messages ? if so you can check rect to the type 1 and only delete the ones you need to.

Ken Means

The # button is working. Ken, Thank you so much for the time and information. Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back