Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

equivalent of schtasks on linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvrgvr

Programmer
Oct 26, 2005
FR

could we launch a windows application on a windows PC from linux.

befor i use schtasks but it was only for windows PC

More info would be helpful. Are you planning to interact with the app or just start it?

escuse me

i want just start it.

for example i want to start notepad on a windows PC from my linux

is it possible??

You might be able to do it with samba. I'm not real sure but if you could send a "start notepad" command it might work. I'm sure there are others here with more expertise than I have that can expand on this.

Most distros come with an rdesktop client that would allow you to open the Windows desktop remotely. I haven't tried automating it though. I looks like you may be able to execute with the "-0" option to connect to a console. In theory you could use STDIN/STDOUT to launch a windowed application.

pansophic

i have installed a ssh server (openssh). from my linux i can connect me on my windows. i can start a batch program but i can't start a graphic programm. the process is running but the interface doesn't appear. does anyone know the reason?

Are you running an Xserver on your windows box? Without an Xserver, the windowed program does not have a display to connect with.

pansophic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back