Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

equivalent of /proc/mounts in AIX 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amandeep Gautam

Programmer
Jan 18, 2018
US
I am cross posting this to few forums:
Hello,

I am trying to figure out a source where I look up all the mounted devices. After some reading, I came to know that AIX tries to mount the entries in /etc/filesystems automatically at startup. But does that files contain everything after the system is started?

Basically, I am looking for an equivalent of /proc/mounts file for AIX.

Code:
mount
command will be the equivalent of
Code:
cat /proc/mounts
As to the source of mounts beyond /etc/filesystems look at rc.local and any scripts that have been created and are initiated by inittab

Thanks for the reply. Will the mount command give me the filesystems mounted by all users? In my use case, we would run our program as a dedicated user and need access to all the mount points created by the actual user of the system.

Also is there a file where mount command in AIX gets its information from, which I can read rather than running the command?

df and mount will show all mounted systems regardless of who mounted them. Short of writing a C program I am not sure how to extract this information from the kernel memory. What are you looking to get? There are some fs stats under /proc/sys/

In linux, mount does not get the mount points mounted by different users. So just wanted to confirm this. I could not do much testing on the AIX box I have due to permissions.

"What are you looking to get? ":
Reading a file would be easier than parsing output of a command, so I asked if there is file that mount command uses to get the info it displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back