Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Equipment Purchasers for old Avaya equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

gblucas

Technical User
Jul 24, 2006
US
I have a friend that upgraded to CM3.0 about a year ago, and put in new G650's. He is now sitting on the old MCC and is wondering if he should sell it or dumpster it? He is not that tech savy, so he asked me what to do with it, and I told him I would see if I could find out an answer.

Is it worth anything? Who still buys this stuff?

gblucas

Avaya equipment is sold on a regular basis on ebay and other internet sites. Although one member of this forum spent over a month trying to GIVE an older system away.
Be careful about throwing it in the dumpster. Many regulations now prohibit that.
Some business now make a business charging for legal disposal of computer equipment.

Simply Google 'refurbished Avaya equipment' and contact the many re-sellers that are out there. Most will either buy it outright or camel trade with you on other items you may need.

I regulary "re-cycle" old Definity kit. Some parts are absolute gold dust. Things like 8 and 16 port digital station packs are almost valueless (£5/$10) but other things like tape drives and lan connectivity MAP-D and LAN-GATE are much sought after for spares on sites where the end user won't spend any upgrade money. DS-1 cards and Analogue extension cards always find new homes.

Speak softly and carry a big switch

I was shocked to find the reduction in value of Avaya equipment in the last 3 years. Hundreds of phones went unbid upon on ebay. Especially surprising was my favorite phone of all time the 8434dx went unbid on for .69 cents on ebay. Times have changed, but it seems that you can still sell some phones at least if you have a lot of one model and sell them as a lot. But 300 miscellaneous phones on craiglist in Denver for $100 have yet to sell!

Some companies give you trade-in allowances when buying new equipment. Obviously it's too late in this circumstance. I think NACR buys back equipment. Get multiple quotes once you start finding buyers... they will vary greatly and generally up their price when they hear you're getting multiple bids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back