Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Equinox ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

teletechman

Technical User
Aug 27, 2008
US
I have a few clients that want telephony features only on their cell phones, we used to be able to do this with One-X lite. Will the Equinox client be able to this as well? I have look over the knowledgebase and the install manuals for Equinox but it always speaks of SIP connections. Does anyone have a white paper on setting up FNEs on the client?
Mike

As the document only mention SIP and not FNE codes then the FNE codes are not for equinox.
Said that you can use equinox alongside a extension for callcontrol but it is better to buy power user licenses and use the SIP features.
We have multiple customers using this and it is way better as any previous feature brought by Avaya.

The problem is that the customer does not want to open ports on the firewall or purchase an SBC. I thought Communicator did this also but I don't think it is available either.
Mike

Then stick to the one-x lite, it will still work on R11

I did not know that, is it still available?
Mike

Maybe i am wrong on one-x lite but One-X Portal is still available.
Alterantively you van use mobile twinning without a app and use FNE codes as well

R11 lets you login remotely and lock you out after X attempts. The worst DDOS attack is someone locking out all your accounts.

I really don't see the need for an SBC with IPO. In my opinion, it has sufficient security mechanisms at the SIP layer to expose it to the internet. There are a couple of more things you can do with an SBC security-wise than IPO can do, but it's real corner case stuff. SBC can filter on user-agent header - only let Avaya* thru. But if you don't have 3rd party IP Endpoint licenses on IPO, it's not like hacking on in with User-Agent=Zoiper Softphone would get you anywhere anyway.

We always, always use VPN client ahead of One-X/Equinox.
A few years back a medical client had pentest done, which had flagged our Avaya One-X/SIP phone setup as vulnerability.
Since then - the only way we implement mobility is with a prequel VPN client.
It's the only way to remove any uncertainty of Avaya vulnerability or liability.
For example - Cisco AnyConnect or Sonicwall SSL VPN clients on Mobile Phones/Tablets/PC.

"Never fear billing a client for services rendered, or they will think your time is worthless"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back