Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Equinox click to dial with a hosted CRM

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3rm3y

Technical User
May 18, 2017
GB
Our customer was on release 9 and used one-x and Tapi for click to dial (so i m led to believe from the previous engineer who worked on there site)
We then upgraded the Avaya to the latest software release, and gave them Equinox, but they are not able to dial from their CRM any longer.
The CRM is Access RDB (Is there anything missing that we need to configure to give them the ability to click to dial from this CRM? or do the CRM people need to develop some sort of connectivity to the Equinox application?

Tapi still works on R11 although we've only tried with J169's and not Equinox yet.

customer has 9608 i believe,
What do you use with Tapi to integrate to the CRM to dial ? whenever we try it just opens the default windows dialler.

Right, so not Equinox then?

In that case it depends on the CRM design and programming. They should be able to advise how to configure this with their application. Normally you're looking to setup in 3rd Party mode and connecting via a server. If this CRM is purely online then you'll prob have to install single party to all agents.

You can use Dialer to check that the connection to the PBX is working and that you can select the line (Ext) that you wish to use. This should also be something you configure within the CRM, either associated with the agent login or selectable after login.

hi

tapi is in two version 1st party, this is installed on the users PC, 3d party (requires a licences) and would be installed on the applications server, you may have to enable Tapi in security
look on the users pc for the avaya taip driver, you can use dialier.exe to test. maybe just needs a password change.

see it may help.

In these cases we sell UC+ which can be used with any windows based software and a lot of hosted CRM software packages.
TAPI does work with equinox used with a physical phone, not with a softphone though.
I do not think that softphones will ever work with TAPI.

thanks ill take a look, never really had opportunity to look at Tapi, when i did try it the programme seems to be a windows dialler which didnt connect/dial via the users telephone, but that may have been my config... ill look at the plus software.

IPOLackey said:
Right, so not Equinox then?

In that case it depends on the CRM design and programming. They should be able to advise how to configure this with their application. Normally you're looking to setup in 3rd Party mode and connecting via a server. If this CRM is purely online then you'll prob have to install single party to all agents.

You can use Dialer to check that the connection to the PBX is working and that you can select the line (Ext) that you wish to use. This should also be something you configure within the CRM, either associated with the agent login or selectable after login.

The problem is the crm people say that the customer requires 3rd party development and seem to wash there hands of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back