Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Equinox autoconfig 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpetilli

Technical User
May 17, 2011
US
I'm reading up on the autoconfiguration option for the Equinox mobile app. I see that it works similar to a hardphone hitting a 46xx.settings file, but it first requests an email address for config. I don't have any voice services associated with our email accounts... where do I start with that?

The users will have two options, enter the URL to the config file, or enter their email address.

There is no association with their email accounts. The Equinox client uses the domain name in their email address to run a series of DNS lookups to determine the URL.

Example: Rather than having the user enter in the URL, the user simply enters user@example.com.
[ul]
[li]Equinox sends a DNS PTR request for _avaya-ep-config._tcp.example.com[/li]
[/ul]
[ul]
[li]DNS returns: East._avaya-ep-config._tcp.example.com[/li]
[/ul]
[ul]
[li]Equinox sends a DNS SRV request for East._avaya-ep-config._tcp.example.com[/li]
[/ul]
[ul]
[li]DNS returns: server.example.com[/li]
[/ul]
[ul]
[li]Equinox sends a DNS TXT request for East._avaya-ep-config._tcp.example.com[/li]
[/ul]
[ul]
[li]DNS returns: "txtvers=1" "proto=https" "path=/East_settings.txt"[/li]
[/ul]
[ul]
[li]Equinox downloads the configuration file from [/li]
[/ul]

See Chapter 10 of Planning for and Administering Avaya Equinox™ for Android, iOS, Mac, and Windows for more detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back