Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Epson TM-T88V

Status
Not open for further replies.

asbindia

Technical User
Jul 20, 2014
KR
Hey Guys,

First post here!! Need some feedback from all you POS Gods out there!

6 months ago we opened a new venue, for the recept printers we are using Epson T88V's, I have worked with this product for the last 3 years and have know it to be extremely reliable, for some reason I have had the auto-cutters fail at this new venue a bit too often. Let me put it this way. In the past 2 months I have sent off 7 Printers to get fixed because the auto cutter gets stuck. No other venue has such issues even the company covering the warranty made a comment that they haven't seen one venue send back so many devices with that period of time.

Has anyone else faced this issue?

I assume you are using the correct paper?

If the hardware is the same then most likely it will be the users. Are they being mishandled or are people attempting to tear the paper before the printer has cut it?

If the repair people find it strange maybe they should do an investigation into the devices they receive to see how they are broken rather than just blindly replacing the part.

Do you want some custom SIM scripts developed. Contact me via my website

If the printer isn't cutting correctly, these printers have a hardware setting for the cutters, make sure the triangle is showing in the circle, see image below. By the way, slide back the top front of the printer (the piece that reads Micros). If it is not lined up properly it could over cut (the bladed is pushed out to far) causing a jam, or not completely cut (blade isn't getting pushed out far enough).

Thanks for the quick responses guys! I have already checked the triangle and made sure its within the circle. Auto Cutter still jams. The only thing I can think of is Cathal's consensus that the users are tearing the paper prior to it completely printing.

That is generally the case, until you watch them. You can always ask, just don't allude to it being their error, ask How and what happens when the printers have the problems, sometimes you can get them say that they are grabbing the ticket too soon.

Another possible issue would be to clean out the gears, the paper cuts leave small particles, and in the past I've come across this issue with TM88-II,III's and IV's.

I would also compare the dip switches under the printer to a known good unit. These can affect the way the printer prints, cuts, and feeds paper.

Hosehead - This is a new venue so its only been there for 6 months. I think they are grabbing it too early.

Menulinkman - All the dip switches are fine checked that first.

Thanks guys!

If this is still happening and you have other venues, take about half the printers, mark them with tape. Swap them with one of your working venue's printers and see what happens. If the fail is at the new venue, then it is software or cables. The software can tell the printer to cut so it is possible it is sending the wrong signal. If the printers fail at the old venue,then it's the printers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back