Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Epson Sytlus CX5400 stopped printing in black

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjgthree

IS-IT--Management
Feb 2, 2003
US
Here is the issue; I have EPSON Stylus CX5400 All in one. The problem is that the black ink cartage ran out and the system asked a question about using the color inks to make black. I have installed a new black cartage but there is no black ink being used. My computer is a HP Pavilion 6746c running Windows XP. Again all was working fine until the black ink ran out and this message appeared asking about using the colors to make black.

I've run the cleaning utility several times but nothing has changed. Any suggestions?

Bob...

Is the "new black cartridge" really brand new, and not an unopened one having hung around for ages and ages?

Silly question, but have you taken off any ink seal tab that there may be, before inserting cartridge into the holder in printer carriage?

Look in advanced printer and/or colour setup to see if there are any options that need resetting regarding inks/colours, etc.

ROGER - G0AOZ.

The cartridge was really new. I bought it early last week. There is no ink seal tab. When you load the cartridge the seal is broken when installing. I have looked in the advance setup and I did not see anthing there but I did perform that default reset feature. As of this moment nothing has changed.

I hate to say it... but I also had bad luck with two Epson printers clogging. A Google search will yield several links to ways to unclog them. I have not had any problems since buying HP. The print heads are built into the ink cartridge, so any print quality problem (never had any) is easily fixed ny replacing the ink cartridge.

hey rjgthree i'm with frank on this one my dad who i work on his computer used to do his own photo printing and kept buying epson printers for some reason and i said kept buying becuase about every 5 or 6 months it would clog and not clean it self no matter what i did to it after following all directions from epson to clean it again, my advise to you would be go get a decent hp printer the inks are cheaper and the quality is better i have used both and will never go back from using hp ever again...

Remember free things are fun but they can come with an emotional price tags..

Well let me follow up on this one. After attempting to locate the vent tub under the ink cartridge I final figured out how to find it. It was disconnected and after several attempts I was able to reconnect. Guess what the printer started to print. All colors. Thanks for your help in this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back