Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Epson SX235W text printing problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robheeley

Instructor
Oct 8, 2003
GB
Hi
I have been given an Epson SX235W wireless printer. It will print landscape from Excel perfectly and images in Word documents but when printing text every third line is missing or faint or only shows either the top or the bottom half of the text in the line. I have tried head cleaning and head alignment but had no success. Text which is beside pictures in a Word document is printed perfectly. Any suggestions, please?

Print a test page - both a Windows test page and one that the printer can generate, if possible. Examine it closely. If the issue happens in both, then I suspect a printer problem. If not, then it has to be software related.

Replace cartridges?
Perhaps that's why someone gave it to you............. it has crapped out.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Hi
Thanks for the reply. The Windows test page shows horizontal gaps in text every inch or so and the same with Word. Printer works perfectly using Epson iprint from my smartphone and ipad. Just PC software causing problems.

What about printing a document from NOTEPAD with a ton of text on the page. Notepad is so simple, it couldn't possible add any problem to the page. If notepad printing is screwed up, I'd have to point to the printer.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

OK thanks for that. Notepad printing has same problems so I guess the printer's had it. Thanks for your help.

Since the printer is printing fine for the printer test page, it might be a driver issue. Try doing the following:

1. Turn off your printer
2. Disconnect the printer from the PC
3. Remove the printer from the list of available printers from the PC's control panel
4. Connect the printer to PC and turn on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back