Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Epson smart chip reset request 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

epsonuser

Technical User
Apr 30, 2003
US
Hi there, have an Epson 777i that I tried to refill with a universal refill kit. Of course, the kit does not mention that the smart chip on the cartridge needs to be reset unitl after using the kit and rendering it unreturnable. (of course) I see a number of sites offering to sell me a resetter for the cartridges,(so much for saving a few bucks here!) along with a procedure for tricking the printer by swapping a refilled cartridge in behind a new one, while the printer is still on. There must be a better way. Anyone have any tips on a workaround?

You can get reset software for around $15 from some websites like:

The caveat is that it disables the ink level sensor in the printer, so you have to be careful to replace or refill the cartridges at the first sign of print problems.

I bought the hardware chip resetter for my Stylus 777 some time ago. It works really well, but I'm having a hard time finding unchipped cartridges. I just buy my cartridges from inkcarts.com in Nevada. $10 for black and $11 for color. Not a bad price. Print quality is top notch, too.

Thanks for the reply, I see it is for 95/98/Me; of course I am running 2000. Know of any locations for that O/S.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back