Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Epson Ethernet Printers - No Paper warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

eburks

Technical User
Sep 8, 2006
US
I have an Epson U220b and a T88IV in the kitchen running tcp/ip via OPOS 2.50e on Aloha 6.5 Tableservice

I am not getting any low or out of paper warning on these printers just a "printer name" cannot communicate warning on the FOH screen and a reroute to the backup.

Is this the norm for ethernet installs or have I missed a dip switch or other configuration issue

This was my first install that did not use serial and I find these printers much slower to recover when you do fix problems (like turning them back on when they mysteriously get turned off or removing a forgotten roll core and putting paper back in) It seems to take forever for any re-route to clear.

Any advice would be appreciated

I might try the windows driver, is that a better option

We're experiecing a lot of the same issues with OPOS drivers and haven't been able to get this 100% stable. If anybody has some good input to share I would also really appreciate it. Serial is unfortunately still the way to go for us, but would love to have an ethernet option that's just as stable.

I agree completely indexrobert

I may convert these printers to serial. I think I will try the windows driver first.

also...
If you google serial over cat5 there is a $70 for 2 ends tripp lite device that can extend serial to 1000 meters

Looks like a 5v adapter for each end so you also have more stuff that could go wrong

see my next thread on Aloha and serial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back