Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPS to Image

Status
Not open for further replies.

shussai2

Programmer
Aug 28, 2003
CA
Hi,

I am trying to convert an eps file into an image of any format. Can anyone please provide me with some suggestions.

An EPS is a PostScript program specially structed to act as a placeable image.

Step 1, then, would be to find a program that understands PostScript.

For shareware, look at GhostScript. For a commercial software product, PhotoShop. For programming tools, look at ImageMagick.

Thomas D. Greer

Providing PostScript & PDF
Training, Development & Consulting

Hi Mr. Greer,

I can convert an eps file into a gif, bmp, etc using Ghostview. However Ghostview is not freeware. Do you know any freeware utility which does convert eps to image?

Hi,

When i convert an eps file into a jpeg or bmp, the resulting image contains the image on a whole page. Basically, I want just the graphic (in the bounding box) in the eps file to be converted into an image, not the whole paper. Also, does anyone know the command in Ghostscript to convert a ps file into a bitmap or jpeg, etc. I have tried to convert an ps file in tiff, with no success. This is the command I used:

gs -q -dNOPROMPT -dBATCH -sDEVICE=tiffpack -r600
-sOutputFile=page%d.tif (C:/design/calendarTest.ps)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back