Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPolicy 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazcurtis

Technical User
Jul 11, 2001
GB
Hi,

I am trying to install Epolicy v2. I am trying to set it up to use SQL v7 sp3. I can not get it to log on to the SQL server.

Has anyone got a tech sheet or guide to setting up the SQL database and then setting up Epolicy to use this database. I have spoken to NAI and they don't have such a helpful guide!!

Any help will be most helpful.

Best wishes

Michael

Michael,

I found that I had to let ePO 2.0 create the SQL database and all the security it needs to that database. Once ePO created the database, our SQL admin then was able to change some of the security so that it used a specific login user ID instead of sa.

Also make sure that the login user ID you are using has administrator rights in your domain. Otherwise you can have problems setting up the SQL database.

I hope this helps. If you have other questions, please let me know. I have been using ePO 2.0 since it was released in May. I just moved it to a different SQL 7.0 database server in July, so I had to deal with some of the security issues then.

Thanks for that. You are a star. If only it said would like me to do it, rather than use an existing database!!!

Do you have any other tips for Epolicy. We used to run v1 and that was very iffy.

Best wishes

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back