Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePolicy Orchestrator Agent Update and VirusScan 4.5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfedders

MIS
Jun 23, 2002
US
On the ePO Server 3.5, does the ePolicy Orchestrator Agent Update task update VirusScan 4.5.1, where it automatically picks the correct repository, or do I have to create manual 4.5.1 AutoUpdate tasks for it?

We still have some clients who are on 4.5.1 (which will be gone once we finish our upgrade from Windows 2000 to XP).

Thanks!

The ePo Agent Update task does update 4.5.1. We have about 8 clients still using 4.5.1 and they update just fine.

Thank you. I thought I had read that somewhere, but couldn't find it. I just remember when we initially setup ePO 3.0, we had separate autoupdate tasks for Netshield 4.5, and VirusScan 4.5.1, so I wasn't positive that the ePO Agent Update would actually update 4.5.1 properly. It should pick the closest repository based on how we have it configured (lowest ping), correct?

Yeah...I can remember back when you had to have an ftp site for updates and when we moved to 3.x I didn't set that up and all our 4.5.1 clients kept updating so I figured out that's how it was happening. And yes, it'll pick the repository just like 7.x and 8.0i clients will, however you have it configured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back