Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Epolicy or AsAp ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbase

MIS
Oct 14, 2001
US
All,

i have tested before using the EPO software managing over 700 systems. This worked verry wel, but now i noticed the new AsAp software that could probably take a lot of workload of my back.

Has anyone got some "hands on" knowledge with AsAP to help me make a discission in this.

Thnx
De rooie poon....is never alone

AsAP is quite good & convienient for me. We've been using it for 2 years and just renewed for another 2. There are 3 levels of support available - the lowest one, being 24 hr knowledge base access and regular working hours email support (called Bronze or Knowledge Base support). I beleive that the highest level give 24 hr phone support (called Gold or Premium or something like that). The reporting on the internet is simple and efficient. The machines can be grouped however you like - physical location, department, whatever. I can vouch for the e-mail support being quick and consise. One of the best things about it, is that the users can't mess with it. Without the correct key/mouse combination, they can't even disable it which is a good thing.

Supposedly there was a problem with updating on machines that do not have internet access. According to the literature this has been fixed. All my machines have internet access, so I can't vouch for the problem or the fix.

In an NT network, you can push the installation out to the clients. It may not be quite so convienient for a very large company, just because you have relativly little control over it. For example, there was an update some time ago that didn't work quite right for some clients and required a simple registry edit to fix. Without remote access to the registry of these machines, you would have to phisically go to each machine and edit the registry.

All things considered, I have been very happy with it and actually have considered using it for my home network also. I hope this helps

Well the problem is that our machines connect to the internet through a authenticated proxy server that is not being administrated by us. So i can't get a proxy by-pass for the AsAp URL.

I also saw there is a EPO 3.0 version that has improved functionallity for updating mobile users (the problem i had) so i think i'll just wait and see what EPO 3.0 brings us.

Has anyone seen the EPO 3.0 version yet?

ePO 3.0 is supposed to come out next week. Am also waiting for it :) AVChap
... take my advice, I don't use it anyway!

AVChap,

EPO 3.0 Beta that is? or the production version ?

Are you signed up for Beta testing ?

ePO 3.0 Beta 1 is due next week (mid-December). We've signed up for it. AVChap
... take my advice, I don't use it anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back