Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePO4 Agents not reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

robindefoe

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2003
I finally decided to make use of ePO4 in order to manage DAT file updates on our PCs. As this was a new install I was able to put a fresh copy of v4 (patch 2) on a Windows Server 2003 R2.

I then tested a roll-out to small group of XP SP2 machines. All went well, updates were happening normally and the Agents were reporting in. So, I rolled it out to the rest of the Company.

Out of 91 machines, 86 are functioning normally. Hoever, I have five that continually show up as non-compliant and refuse to report in. All but one of these is running XP SP2 with ePO Agent 4.0.0.1421.

Intriguingly, when I check each of these machines, the DAT updates are taking place normally.

Naturally, from reading various articles I became aware that the AgentGUID could have a bearing (specifically if a machine has been cloned) and although this wasn't the case for each one, I tried deleting the entry in the Registry. Even this has not worked. They are all running ViruScan v8.7.

Has anybody got any ideas?

Thanks

I had a similar issue with some VM macines I was testing. They were clones of original machines connecting to a clone of our EPO server in a test network.

The way I managed to get them to talk back to the EPO server was to delete the following keys in the REG key:

HKLM\Software\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Agent

Delete the following:

AgentGUID
IPAddress
MacAddress

Then you will need to restart the McAfee Framework service on the affected machine.

Run the C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\cmdAgent.exe with /s and click send props, this will test the comms between the EPO server and the workstation.

Hope it helps

Simon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back