Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPO3 fails to pull DATs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tencel

IS-IT--Management
Aug 29, 2002
GB
I am running EPO 3.0.0, and a couple weeks ago it quit automatically pulling DAT files. I tried to manually pull them, but on the last screen of the Pull Now wizard, it just says "Failed to decrypt the file". The log file is not very helpful. I can download the files from nai.com and use Check in Package to manually install the DATs. I have tried clearing the IE cache. I double-checked the proxy settings. I do not use a distributed repository. I tried removing the files from the Current DAT folder. I upgraded to 3.0.1, and still get the same results. I even upgraded to 3.0.2 and still get the same results. All other functions seem to work normally. Any hints on where to look next?

Wich NT Account launch the ePo service on the server ?
Is it the system account ?
Access rights on ePo system files on the NTFS partition ?
Windows Service Pack ?

Is it work again if you use automatically pulling ?

The NT Account for the epo services is Local System account. I am logged on to the server as the local administrator. This is a Windows 2000 Advanced server with SP4 set up as a member server in a NT domain. It is using SQL Server 2000 with the latest service pack. This server is completely up to date with its patches, thanks to HfNetCheck Pro. Perhaps the latest update to IE6 is causing the problem? I will look into this. The system account has full access to all epo directories.
I have re-enabled automatic pulls, but the repository is already up to date. I will post back when the next DAT is released.

Today I received an email notice for an emergency DAT update, so I thought I would try a manual pull to see if it is still not working. To my surprise, it worked. I did not do anything different. The only thing I can think of is the proxy server cache must have finally flushed an expired file that was corrupt. I do not have access to the proxy server, so I couldn't check it myself.

I need some help... anyone find a solution to this

"Failed to decrypt the file"

That's the error I get when preforming a pull from NAI.

Doh!!

will do, but i manually added it to the repository,

I'll let you know if it works.... the deleting temp files that is...

The manual add works fine... just weird, never seen that before.. just another one for the books

thanks

Doh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back