Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPO3.0 & VS7.0 Not Reporting Correct DAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkinnison

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2003
US
I have a problem with Virus Scan 7.0 Enterprise on my client PC. Some of my client running the EPO 3.0 agent are not reporting the correct DAT version in the EPO database. When I check the workstation they have a updated version but the only version that will be reported to EPO is the version that was installed during the setup of VS7E.

This ony happens on a some of my systems. Updates are occuring but not reported to EPO3.0

Has anybody else ran into this issue.

THanks

Is that just when you run a report, or does it show the wrong DAT version under the properties for the machine too?

if you're using McAfee's ePolicy Orchestrator there is a new plug-in application that will give any kind of report on any node in your network world-wide from a browser window -- very cool and so easy to use. Check out for details....

I've had a couple of PC's do this. It's usually because the framework service isn't running on the client and it's reporting the last thing it saw.

I've got a couple of NT servers that have this problem on occasion but rebooting resolves the problem.

Have also had a couple of W2kPro clients that the service stopped on.

It doesn't happen often.

I have solved the problem, it is a result of a failed upgrade from 4.51 to enterprise 7.0. If the workstation fails to remove 4.51 is goes ahead and install 7.0 over the top and leave garbage behind. This cause the problem. THe solution go to add remove programs and remove Virus Scan and Virus Scan Enterprise then reinstall Enterprise 7.0.

THanks for you help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back