Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePO shuts down when reports are run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grunty

Technical User
Jul 30, 2002
GB
I have just upgraded to epo 3.01 and am running the console on an XP machine. Version 3.0 ran fine, but now when I try to run a report of any kind, epo just shuts down. All other bits of it work ok. I have uninstalled and re-installed a fresh copy as the first was an upgrade but the problem still persists.

I can also log onto the server and run the console from there successfully.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Grunty,
Not sure if this will help or not, below is what I did when my reports would come up blank or lock the server when I attempted to run a report. You should do this from the server that your EPo is installed on.
Good luck,
mvas

It is essential that a backup of the database is taken before the procedure is started. In the event the procedure does not work you will then be able to return to your original state.

Stop the ePolicy Orchestrator Server and Event Parser services.

Insure all ePO consoles are closed.

Insure you are logged in as a local administrator.

Open a command prompt window.

Start an OSQL session by typing the following command: osql -E

NOTE: This command is case-sensitive.

At the 1> prompt, enter the following command:

exec sp_dboption '<epodatabasename>', 'select into/bulkcopy','true'

where <epodatabasename> is the name of the ePO database. By
default this will be ePO_<servername> where <servername> is the name of
the ePO server.

NOTE: Although this command is not case-sensitive, insure that spaces and commas are correct.

At the 2> prompt, enter the following command: go

You should see the following message: "Checkpointing the
database that has been changed. DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, contact your system administrator." If you receive any other error messages, please contact Network Associates
Technical Support, who will require a backup copy of your database.

You should be returned to a 1> prompt. Exit osql by entering the command: exit
This will return you to the command prompt.

Restart the ePolicy Orchestrator Server service (which will
automatically start the Event Parser service). Reports should now run correctly.

Thanks for the reply. I did what you suggested and it hasnt made any difference.

One thing I have noticed though is that now I have upgraded to 3.01, when I add an epo database, I get two prompts to enter a password. The first is accepted, the second has to be changed to "Currently logged on user" to work. 3.0 never did this and I wonder if they are connected.

If I try to put in the admin password and any of the epo users, I get "Unable to connect to the database used by the epo server <servername> Please verify that the database is running properly"

Grunty,

Does the EPO Server service stop?

Does the EPO Server console crash and disapper?

Or does it just hang?

Addus

Sorted it - the console was just disappearing.

It was user error, although I was entering the correct server name, I had forgotten to check the name of the database and was trying to use epo_<workstationname> when it should have been epo_<servername>

Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back