Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePO Service stopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

kusdjeff

MIS
Apr 4, 2002
US
I have recently installed ePO v2.5 on a Win2K server. The server has been running fine until recently. I was having problems with agents connecting to the server to get an updated policy. When I looked on the server, the server was stopped. After starting the service, everything is fine. This keeps happening. In the event viewer is the following:

The McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 2.5 Server service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 5 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action.

There is not consistency as when the service stops. It may be 50 minutes or 5 hours.

Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance.

-Jeff

Hi,
got anything other running on that server??
IIS??
Check this out:
Stop the ePolicy Orchestrator Agent on the server.
Restart the 'ePolicy Orchestrator Server' service.
Login to the ePolicy Orchestrator console.
Change the port for the Agent Wake-up Call in 'Server Settings' to a port that is not in use.

NOTE: The ePO Agent will be unable to get the new configuration settings via an Agent Wake-up Call. The configuration can only be applied when the agent connects to the ePO server on their own. It may be necessary to reinstall the agent on the server.

/Dkmart

dkmart,
Thanks for the reply. After changing the agent wake-up port, the service still stopped with a similar entry in the event viewer. IIS is not installed either...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back