Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePO Server username / password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantasmo

Technical User
Feb 21, 2008
GB
Hi all,
A member of staff recently left and took all knowledge with him.
Our McAfee Orchestrator was left logged in which was lucky until the program crashed. Now, when loading it up, we do not have the directory branch. I have come to the conclusion that we need to log into the server (option within Orchestrator) but it is asking for the username and password.
I have tried all variations but need to reset it I guess. Reading around, a call to McAfee may be the final answer.
We recently changed the main administrator password and updated this in all places - AD, McAfee services and within the CfgNaiMs.exe.
Is there a way of resetting the password myself rather than call McAfee as I will need to dig out all of our licensing information.

Please help.

you should be able to authenticate with the sa password as well
or a sql pwd

Perhaps this is not possible but, can someone call the former employee and ask him what the userid/psw is? Would certainly be a time saver. I've heard of this kind of thing happening and, unless the former employee left on bad terms, would probably be quickest.

And, being Captain Obvious here, sounds like it's time for your company to devise a method - one that works well within your specific environment - to manage adminstrator passwords.

Regards - Jeff

Hi both,
Thanks for the replies.
Our only option to get this resolved was to contact McAfee and they entered a password (encrypted) into the table in order for us to log in and change the password to our liking.
This won't be happening again. Letting 1 person manage a system is not the way to go :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back