Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePO Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

brendangriffin

Technical User
Feb 22, 2001
GB
Hi,

This is probably a really dumb question but I am new to ePO. I have installed and setup ePO 2.5 and deployed the agent successfulyy but I cannot work out how to use the reporting features of the product. I have no reporting menu or anything.

Thanks in advance

Question: What DB did you use? SQL7 or MSDE? Was it installed on the same machine (MSDE or SQL7) or a different one (SQL7)?

AVChap

Hi,

The database I use is the MSDE that was provided with ePO. It is installed on the same machine as ePO.

Brendan

Brendan,

First of all, I would recommend moving the database to a separate SQL 7.0 server if at all possible. I ran the database on the same server and experienced some performance issues.

Have you added the database to the ePO databases list in the ePO reports section of the tree?

Mary Pierson
Network Analyst
mkpierson@cnasurety.com

Since it's installed on the same machine, just click on "ePO Reports" and login to the database. Then just browse around the sample reports. It would help if you have the Admin Guide handy since this has some explanations to the reports.

AVChap

Hi I have a qn, does anyone try install epo on a 10 network address yet able to manage a a server with class b address

As long as the server on the class B network can communicate with the 10 network. If not, sorry.

AVChap

Thanks, I have another question, assuming I like to put dat files on my ftp server and redirect users to go to my network share and download the dats file. I just need to download the sdatxxx.exe for users who uses virusscan 4.5.1 and netshield 4.0.3. What file path do I need to put, do I //domain/sharedfolder/sdatxxx.exe as the path name? Will it work in this case?

Hi

I would suggest that you mirror the McAfee FTP site. Dont use SDAT since your VS 4.5.1 can handle incremental updates. Upgrade your NetShield to 4.5 to have them update incrementally.
This would save you a lot of network traffic.

The path for your internal FTP could be the same as McAfee's
FTP.*.*/virusdefs/4.x with your FTP name in front of it.

You have the mirror function in VS 4.5.1 but you could use a script to do it aswell.

Good luck

Cheers
AVDude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back