Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Epo or not Epo?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartacus999

Programmer
Mar 30, 2001
CA
Hi,

Our company (1000 workstations and more under winnt4) have Mcafee 4.02 and so we should be pass to Mcafee 4.51 early. I would like to know if we should use the Epo 2.5 utility?!? For now, we push all the update and the config with zenworks and we never got any problem, Is Epo a reliable and good choise?!? When you install Epo have you got some big problem with your workstation?

Thanks for all

I suggest you go with it. ZenWorks makes your deployment easier but it doesn't give you the same visibility that ePO gives. Also, ePO gives you better control of policy management since it checks for changes locally more often than pushing new configs from ZenWorks.

Installing the ePO agent does add a lot of overhead to client systems. Once you have the agent installed, it should pretty much manage itself.

Hope this helps.

AVChap

You should definitly go with ePO for administration and reporting, although you will have a problem uninstalling VirusScan 4.02 with ePO since it only supports as of version 4.03. Normally the ePO agent recognizes McAfee software which is already installed, but not with 4.02. So be sure to uninstall ALL of the VirusScan components and install 4.51 with ePO.

mastermind76

We have 5000 workstations and then an additional 100 Netware servers and some NT/2000 also. We use Zenworks also, and we had 4.02 on our systems. 4.02 has not been supported for over a year, so all of those clients are not nearly up-to-date.

We are going to use ePO and create a tree that will mirror NDS. I would suggest you get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back