Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Epo not returning DAT / ENGINE Info 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warders

MIS
Feb 27, 2001
GB
I am running EPO Server Version 3.5.0.592 Enterprise Edition. I have successfully added most of my servers and can see them updating every day when I go onto the server and check the DAT Version. But for some reason, when I run the DAT Engine coverage, it does not pull back the information on the dat or engine when I drill down into the report.

It Shows

Domain | OS Platform
Engine Dat Extra dat

as
Domainxyz Server
--- ---

Basically it then thinks these servers are unprocted but they arent and EPO is updating them, the servers are not updating by any other means

Anyone seen this before?

Hi,

Sounds like you're running VSE 8.0i with Patch10 that didn't install correctly.

McAfee did release a hotfix for this which can be obtained from mysupport.nai.com

Alternatively, open up regedit on one of the servers and go to:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\VIRUSCAN8000]

Ensure the following is set to "0" and not "8".

"Plugin Flag"=dword:00000000

Restart the framework service and do a Send / Receive Props.

Hi, firstly thanks to your reply...i did however forget to say that the AV on our servers is 7.1 but a rogue server did get added that had AV 8 on it. When the server with AV8 got added to epo, the reporting stopped. Do i make your suggested change on the epo server OR the server that EPO is monitoring?

Thanks again for your time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back