Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPO file keyword checking same way as internet filter scan options

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeblamires

Programmer
Nov 18, 2002
GB
Hi,
Is there a way to set EPO to scan for certain names/keywords within the filenames (not checking through the MIME content just the name). In the same way that the internet filter scan options works?

thanks in advance
Mike

ePO wasn't designed that way. You'll need a content filtering program (like MimeSweeper or WebMarshall) to do this.

HTH, AVChap
... my $1 worth of advise, 2cents isn't enough due to inflation

We already use content/virus checking facilities for web(Websense/WebSweeper) & email(MailSweeper). From epo we also conifgure mcafee to detect URLs such as " or " and block them at the client and notify domain admins etc. I was interested in this from a filename point of view checking for files with certain names/keywords in. From your answer I guess not but your suggestions of web and email filtering software make me think my origional post was misleading.

Thanks for the swift response.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back