Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePO Domain/Group Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

axlaxl

MIS
Jun 27, 2003
US
This may be a silly question, but I inherited ePO responsibilities after my predecessor botched the job and it was tossed into my lap with no formal training.

I have approximately 500 client machines, all in the same domain, but located in 5 different regional offices, all with distinct IP ranges. I am trying to organize the Directory as follows:

DOMAIN
REGIONAL GROUP 1 (X.X.X.1 - X.X.X.10)
REGIONAL GROUP 2 (X.X.X.11 - X.X.X.20)
REGIONAL GROUP 3 (X.X.X.21 - X.X.X.30)

The only problem is that we regularly add new PC's to the domain, but when I update the domain from the ePO console (so that I can push the agent to the new PC's) all the PC's organized in the regional groups appear again.

I am hoping that either there is some sort of solution to this or that I am doing something wrong that is easily correctable. Any help and/or suggestions on how to better manage my ePO server will be greatly appreciated. If any other info is needed please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

did you put the IP filtering property on a site or on a group (one level lower than site)?. It should be the last

paul

Its on both...the site (which is the domain) and on the groups below it...if I dont but an IP range on the site it will not sort correctly due to an IP Integrity error.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back