Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPO Client Agent crashing Win2K workstations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhbelkot

Programmer
Jan 8, 2003
US

All:

Our shop recently pushed the EPO Agent out to each of our client workstations via a domain login script, in an environment that is 80% Win2k, 15% WinNT, and 5% XP/other.

The Problem is this: when clients reboot their workstations, they are now receiving an error that:

"Vshield could not start one of the components due to missing... [drive:\path\webscanx.exe]"

We have been remedying the situation by reinstalling Mcafee 4.5.1 SP1, but this is becoming tedious in a 1000+ user environment. Since this requires a reboot, and we have very particular users, we cannot push the install in a login script....

so, the questions are these:
- why is webscanx.exe suddenly disappearing?
- is this an epo issue?
- any tips/suggestions for this?

thanks,
-ryan in ohio

What version of ePO are you running? AVChap
... take my advice, I don't use it anyway!

This is an epo and vs issue. This is especially an issue if you schedule a task on EPO to the nodes. The agents are harmless at first but if you schedule a task with out upgrading and patching the VS then it will become a problem. Good luck a thousand times. If there is a task scheduled you could shut them off temp. I am not saying that this is causing your problem but I thought this may help a little.

BM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back