Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPO Auto Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

WATKINS

IS-IT--Management
Jun 23, 2002
US
Is there some way to have all the dats for the different Mcafee products downloaded automatically to a central location so that I can then have my client connect locally instead of going out on the wan to get updates? Our company uses Netshield, Virus Scan TC, Virus Scan, and Group Shield. I could probably just write a batch program to do this but I was just wondering if this is already implemented in Epo.

Also on a side note, where can I find the NAP files for groupshield 4.5 for exchange 5.5? I cannot find a download for them and they are not on the epo cd.

Hi

There is a couple of solutions.

I think the FTP solution is probably the best on if you can get active FTP through your firewall.

See thread38-208680 for exampels of an FTP script.

Another way is to use the mirror funtion in VirusScan and then to copy these files to a server. The reason for using this option in the VS is that NS won't get the incrementals. Otherwise there is no solution yet but I've heard about an update manager in the making.

/Eyas

I found FTP to be the best solution as not to slow down any resources on any particular comp for the distributed mirror option.

BM

Thanks for all the info. I'll try out the FTP solution. Does anyone have any ideas on my second question regarding the NAP files for groupshield?

Groupshield is not managable by EPO. You can only run reports on it. As for looking for the NAP, I am not sure that they have this available. Anyone else know?

BM

My mistake. Groupd shield 5 is managable according the to Groups Shield Version 5 Document for EPO. It's on thier website but you need a grant number to get in.

BM

Thanks for the heads up. We will be upgrading to Groupshield 5.0 soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back