Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Epo Authentication to the database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyas

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2002
SE
Hi

Does anyone know if I have to have the databse and the ePO-server on the same machine to get the Epo Authentication to work?

Today I run it on two different machines and it just won't work. One of the error messages I get is that the database server won't respond on port 81. How can I make it do that?

Another syndrom is that the ePO interface simply crashes as soon as I try to connect to the database. Any ideas?

/Eyas

Port 81 is the ePO console port. To connect to the database, you need to open up port 1433 (or whatever SQL port you used).

Also, make sure that the console version is the same as in the ePO server (ex. version 2.5.1.213 for both server and console)

HTH, AVChap
... my $1 worth of advise, 2cents isn't enough due to inflation

Hi

Does that mean that I'll have to have the console installed on the database server in order to get the ePO authentication to work with the database?

Port 1433 is already open.

/Eyas

Not necessarily. The console is already installed w/ the server by default. Remote consoles should be able to communicate with the server.

Run a NETSTAT command on the server to see if it's listening to port 81 (or whatever the console port is). If it is, check if you have the User DSN configured correctly on the client ODBC configuration.

HTH, AVChap
... my $1 worth of advise, 2cents isn't enough due to inflation

Hi

I'm not running the database and the server on the same machine. I've checked netstat and port 81 aint listening.

Thanx for your help

/Eyas

Make sure you use the same domain admin account to start services on your database, ePO server, start the console, etc.

Hi

We've managed to solve the problems. It hurts me to say that it simply was SBK-related. We tried connecting directly to the database server instead of via the ePO-server. Once we figured out that we were supposed to connect via the ePO it worked like a charm. I've reread the manual but couldn't find anything about it.

Thanks anyway

/Eyas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back