Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPO and mafee 451 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rev1322

MIS
May 27, 2003
US
I currently have mcafee 451 on all of my machines. I want to put virus scan 7.0 on them. Will EPO allow you to remove 451 and install 7.0 in one task, or do you have to remove 4.51 manually. Also, when I try to run a task immediately, it can take up to 15 minutes to start.

What's your OS? If it's NOT 9x, this is possible, remember VSE 7.0 only works from NT and higher (32-bit OS). VSE 7.0 will identify the older AV, uninstall it and install 7.0.

HTH,

AVChap
... my $1 worth of advise, 2cents isn't enough due to inflation

I use windows NT and windows 2000. If it's possible to uninstall 4.51 while installing 7.0 , what setting do you use to do that?

No settings needed. The VSE7 installer should be able to pick that up and uninstall it properly.

HTH,

AVChap

Hi
I am trying to install vse7 with EPo 3.0 on win2k machines.
Where do I have to configure it in the EPO? currently I have VS451 SP1 on all the macines.
THanks

Like I said, there's no setting required. When ePO runs SETUP.EXE, it calls UNINST.DLL and UNINST.INI to see if there's competitive and older AV programs installed. If found, it will automatically call the uninstall routine of the installed program. Once uninstalled, then VSE7 continues with its own installation.

HTH,

AVChap

Hi
What do you mean by saying that EPO runs setup? do I have to run set up on every machine?
Can I configure it in the EPO and use the agent to install the software?

Hi guys,

So reading your comments that will mean that if epo doesn't see any AV installed at a computer where it has pushed the agento, it will automatically install it. If you add a software to the repository like thin client will it install it also?

No. You would still need to configure ePO to deploy the packages automatically from the pre-installed Deployment task. As in 2.51, you still need to specify if you want to "force-install" a particular product.

HTH,

AVChap

Hi
Can someone please tell me where do I have to configure
the option to install VSE7.0 in the Epo, I tryed to configure it under the deployment task but it didn't work.
Please help.

Have you added the software to the repository? If not, click on "Add Package" and browse to where the PkgCatalog.Z file is located with the VSE 7.0 installer. Once added to the repository, you can now deploy VSE 7.0

HTH,

AVChap

I added the software by pointing to the VSE700.Nap file.
Still I can't install the software, do I have to use the PkgCatalog.Z file?

The .NAP file allows ePO to manage the software. Adding the PkgCatalog.Z file the repository allows it to be distributed.

HTH,

AVChap

what do you mean by nothing? You can't deploy VSE7? Look in the Deployment task under the Tasks tab. Open the task and you'll see a new entry for VSE 7 which includes these options: Ignore, Install, Remove; with different language versions depending on which languages are available.

HTH,

AVChap

Champ, I did it, I already put "Install" under the deployment task but nothing happened.
I changed the option of the install time to run immediately.
Any idea ?
thanks

Check if the task is ENABLED. Also, once you're done, check the Status Monitor of the agent to see if it's receiving the task and implementing it.

BTW, VSE 7's icon doesn't show up in most instances after install but will already be running. Check if the program group is already installed under "Start/Program/Network Associates"

HTH,

AVChap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back