Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPO agent auto-update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybarty

Technical User
May 3, 2002
CA
We have the epo agent 2.5.1 installed on our systems and the security manager had mentioned that the agent updates the software if there is one available. Is he saying the orchestrator software gets updated or the agent software or both?
we have agent 2.5.1 and virusscan 6.1.0
thanks for the help

IF say you upgrade your ePO server to 3.0, the agents will automatically detect the new version and upgrade to it, unless you have it configured to keep the 2.5.1 agents.

Hope this helps.

AVChap
... WARNING: The Surgeon General says to take my advise at your own risk.

Hmm, actually I think the 3.0 agent will not be deployed untill you set it to be deployed in ep30.

you can do this with a send agent install command at the epo prompt.

FatesWebb

if you do what I suggested it is not my fault...

EPo agent 2.5 doesn't update antivirus software. It just change and collect managed sofwares setup.
So You can setup autoupdate or autoupgrade tasks to update You dat's or engine on clients.
As the source You can setup NAI ftp - not a good choice in enterprise enviroment.
Or You can setup Your own FTP server or network share.
You may update the content of them manualy or setup mirror task.
I suggest update to ePo 3.

Good luck

EPO 2.5.0 will indeed update DAT files. You have to create a task to do so, specify the source and how often you want it to check for updates. I always do this at the directory level so it inherits down through all the domains and clients. At the domain level I change the update site to the local one.

You can also set up software deployment in the policies assuming you've checked the McAfee software you want to deploy into the repository.

It's actually a little simpler than EPO 3.0 in that with 3.0, you have a default deployment task that you schedule to run at certain intervals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back