Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePO 3.6 is out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 23, 2004
GB
For all of you who have a grant number, you can download the latest version:)

I've played with the beta but will be testing this final version out over the next few days.

Initial review looks good... HOWEVER....

1. This is a major step from 3.5. You CANNOT import policies from 3.5 to 3.6. I've created a VMWare ePO Server and am currently duplicating my policies. I'll then export from the test 3.6 server and import in to the live server when its built.

2. If you're running Desktop Firewall 8.5, you need to download and install patch 2 for the firewall to work with 3.6

3. Initial performance and response on 3.6 looks excellent

4. I've yet to decide weather to upgrade the existing server or start again from scratch. Will you try and keep you posted on the outcome.

Just to update everyone. I ran a test upgrade over the top ov 3.5 to 3.6 and it worked a treat. All the existing policies stayed in place....

PHEW!

Thanks for the heads up PredatorUK. We're going to make the jump from 3.0.2a to 3.6... just got a little bit more to read up on that, and we'll see how it goes after that :)

does it resquirt a new client out to the people or anything?
i'm thinking about saying sod it and going over top as well?

do you have toi rebuild framepkg or anything or is it all transparent and it's a case or just installing new consoles to users

Hey Terry

McAfee recommend having CMA 3.5 patch 5 before upgrading, so we're currently deploying this newer version of the agent to everyone in the country before upgrading the ePO server.

ok

i've just downloaded that so will slpa that out today and then go for 3.6

slapped it on

never to be seen again
raised a call with mcafee

can get into reporting db but thats it

EPO3.6 running on Win2k Server SP4 here sorry :| but it's working great... all rules and policies were retained in the upgrade from 3.0.2a :)

Also... on this note, has anyone tried or had a look at EPO3.6p1 yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back