Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPO 3.6.1 and CMA 3.6.0.453 Deployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpoutwithmcafee

Technical User
Mar 14, 2007
ZA
Good day, Prior to upgrading the epo server to 3.6.1 and the cma to 3.6.0.453, there was comms between the workstations and the server. After the upgrade, there seems to be an issue where the task does not automatically deploy the agent and the workstations are 5 DATs behind. I have checked cooms and that seems to be working, checked deployment task and it is set to deploy the agent. Why has the cma not been deployed automatically after the agent package was checked in. Why are the DATS so far behind? This has happed after the upgrade of the EPO server and agent.
Any suggestions welcome...

Sounds like you've got what I've got (see thread 'Upgrading to VSE 8.5 via ePO 3.6.1?'--what's actually happening is that policy updates on the local machine are failing, which means that no matter what you do, the workstation will always have the last valid policy set before you updated the management agent. Open ..\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee (or Network Associates)\Common Framework\DB\Agent_(machinename).log and search it for 'FAILED, result=-1203'--that's an internal 'object not valid' error at the management agent. If you've got that, open a case with McAfee--mine's currently waiting for resolution at 3rd Level. And DON'T deploy/upgrade any more agents--you'll lose the ability to change their policies.--The Bug Guy

Just a quick note, it seems that the deploymant task started working after I changed the 'Proxy' settings in the EPO Agent policy to use 'manual settings'. BUT, I need to continually stop and start the epo server service, it then seems to deploy and updated +/- 20 pc's, then seems to stop. After that, same process. I have deployed all latest patches, etc.

Issue was several database rows in several tables referring to an old (2.X!) version of the management agent. I FTP'ed McAfee the DB, 2nd Level tech walked me through a SQL script to remove the offending entries. All seems well now. If you're seeing 1203 errors at the client log, you've probably got a similar problem and need to open a service ticket. An additional issue--if you're deploying the 3.6.0.453 agent from the ePO Console (Send Agent Install), DO NOT check the 'Force install over existing version.' Known bug in the 3.6.0 agent, if you do that, you'll have to rip the agent out and reinstall it.--The Bug Guy

Hi, I have reinstalled the EPO Server, to 3.6.0 patch 2, the machines begin to populate but they populate to a certain number of PC's and then go now furher - any ideas

Hi - do you perhaps have the sql script you used to remove the offending entries, or know what to check for in the tables?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back