Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPO 3.5 : Deployment Agent and Viruscan 8 on XP machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitsy

IS-IT--Management
Mar 9, 2003
CH
HI,

I have a problem since few days with the deployment of viruscan 8 with EPO 3.5 on my xp machines.

If i check my XP machine, i don't see the virusscan or agent icons on the system tray, but I see on the "program files" folder the package for the agent installation.

If i check on my EPO console, I see a synchronisation between my machine and the EPO server.

i check my agent configuration and i don't hide the icon.
The deployment task is ok.

What is my problem. Can you help me please ?

Regards

Are you enforcing the policies on the agent/VSE in EPO?

U need a reboot. They systray Icon's disappear when VS has been installed and the machines needs to be booted before they will show back up

Doh!!

Actually they fixed that in VS 8.0. All the clients I've pushed 8.0 to have the VS icon as soon as it's installed.

Yes, i'm enforcing the policies on the agent/VSE in EPO.

I reboot several times my machine but it's the same result. No agent icon on the system tray and no viruscan installation.

another idea ?

I check the machine and I see this message on the log :

"040927164352 i #1628 Manage Enforcing Policies for EPOAGENT3000META
20040927164352 I #1628 Manage CManage::EnforcePolicies() - FAILED - "EPOAGENT3000META" Error(-1207)
20040927164352 i #1628 Manage Enforcing Policies for EPOAGENT3000
20040927164352 I #1628 Manage CManage::EnforcePolicies() - FAILED - "EPOAGENT3000" Error(-1000)
20040927164352 i #1628 Manage Enforcing Policies for ePolicy Orchestrator Agent"

I think this is the problem.

Have you an idea for this problem ?

pitsy, did you find a soltion to this error? I am having the same issue, however I am runnind ePO 3.01 & VS7.1.

1) Are you running SP2 on Windows XP. Either disable it or at least enable the relevant ports such as ICMP (allow incomming ping request, see under advance options in firewall controll applet)

2) Check the prime support service portal and download SP 2 for EPO 3.5 and SP3 for the Agent. (I believe this may fix xp sp2 issues as well)

3) When deploying the agent from EPO. Tick the box for force overinstall existing version.

4) Check your UI policies to ensure virusscan and agent (if required) are shown in the system tray. Agent is not shown by default.

For my setup, we are running ePO 3.01 on a win2k server & VS7.1 also on a win2k server. (actually the same server). It doesnt seem to have any policies setup, however they are shown in the ePO console. Is there somewhere in the DB that the policies are stored that I can check?

I solved my issue by upgrading ePO to sp2a. Once this was done & new agent installed the problem was fixed. Looks as if the old agent lost the plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back