Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ePO 3.0 Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcdd2

IS-IT--Management
Mar 20, 2003
BR
How to remove the ePO 3.0 b agent from clients machines ?(locallY)

ricardo

I don't know about epo 3.x, but with the 2.5x agent just go to the install directory and open a command prompt at that location and type:

aginst32 /remove

Again, I don't know if epo 3.x includes the aginst32.exe which allows you to do this.

g'luck!

no because de framework...

ricardo

"C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FRMINST.EXE /REMOVE=AGENT"

HTH, AVChap
... my $1 worth of advise, 2cents isn't enough due to inflation

On my 2000 client this did not work, it said it was removing the agent but it actually didn't remove it. The icon did disappear from the sys tray but if I wait 5 mins which is what I has my "enforce local policies" set to the agent returns to the sys tray but the client can no longer talk to the EPO server.. Looking in the Common Framework dir it still shows all the files...

Anyone seen this or have any suggestions?

If you have VirusScan Enterprise 7.0 installed, the CommonFramework service will still be there as it is being used by VSE7. The "ePO agent" portion is gone.

HTH, AVChap
... my $1 worth of advise, 2cents isn't enough due to inflation

Use "frminst.exe /Remove=Agent"

Note that the "remove agent" command is case sensitive.
The file is found at C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework

but if you want to remove all agents in epo 3.0 ?

The switch /remove=agent is not case sensitive.

Try rebooting the computer then removing it. Or killing the services and delete the files. Or install it and then remove it.

If you want to remove ALL the agents, you can do that by removing them from the directory and selecting the checkbox to "uninstall agent from all connected computers."

but i have 2000 machines in the Epolicy directory,,, all in their groups... i cant do that to remove the agent or i will spend 2 weak again reformulating a new directory :D
thanks any way....
any other idea ?

thanks guys that stupid epo agent was driving me nuts lagging out a server on me. I was scratching my head trying to figure out how it uninstalled.

I have found "frminst.exe /forceuninstall" to be the best method for removing the 3.x agent. good luck

Carpe diem, procrastination is the thief of time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back